Monday, June 6, 2011

My Story

I don't want to tell some sob story about how I don't know how I got so overweight, and I don't want people to feel sorry for me I know how it happened. I was lazy and didn't take care of myself physically or mentally. I didn't care what I was putting into my mouth, I didn't care that I would sit on my arse all day and not even try to get any exercise into my daily activities, all of this caused me to weigh.....327 lbs.

I don't want to sit there and act like I am not ashamed of my number, because of course I am, but now is the time to do something about it while I am still young. My husband, Ben, and I would love to have children someday and I want to live to see my children grow old. I want to be a good example for my kids and eventually grandkids. 

Growing up I was always somewhat overweight, we never had scales in our house so I was never sure how much I weighed, but I always knew I was bigger then my peers in school. I had a lot of friends and was somewhat active, I was never very concerned about my weight growing up. It got out of control when I started college. I was away from home, eating Ben and Jerry's ice cream just about every night and for sure no exercise at all. I started to pack on the pounds, but it got worse once I met Ben. 

Me at my senior prom
 I love my husband dearly, but he does not have the best eating habits and is extremely picky, I am not blaming him for my mistakes but once we started dating I took on his eating habits and we ate out A LOT. Veggies and fruits were not consumed. It was a bunch of processed crap. I gained I want to say about 100 lbs in the past 7 years.

Our Wedding Day August 5 2006 about 300 lbs


While I was gaining all this weight, I actually changed my college major from Early Childhood Education to Culinary Arts. I was the fat girl in the kitchen, but I must say I do not regret taking my culinary classes, I learned tons and even gained a lot of knowledge about nutrition. I graduated with my culinary degree in May of 2010.

May 2010

Now that I have been married for almost five years, all of those years being morbidly obese (I hate this term by the way!),I am ready to take charge of my life again. I signed up at a gym (Lifetime Fitness) and I am taking a weight loss class that meets 3 times a week and I am eating clean and healthy. I know this will be a long road, but in the end I know it will totally be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment